उने ३०, 2009

June 30, 2009
Photo revelation

I turned on the TV for company tonight, i'm home alone at the guesthouse, and enjoying my time to myself. I've got the TV tuned to some devotional channel, dude is singing and playing harmonium, and showing radha krsna deites and photos of krsna also..i don’t recognize the songs. There is mrdunga, but I can’t see who is playing it 

I'm having some great revelations in my photography. The process i'm taking is changing. I'm really enjoying the Leica..it's small and non-invasive. People don't treat me the same as they do when i have my Nikon and bag of lenses. Many times I am shooting and nobody even notices I have made a frame, or even made video. It's opened a door to a different quality of the documentary method I understood before this trip.

My approach to shooting is part composition, and part faith. I’m enjoying the freedom to shoot this way, entirely from the hip. It’s wonderful. The images I’m making are full of life and feeling, and I am capturing people’s true moods by paying attention, anticipating, composing and waiting. Leah is so happy with the photos, and so is Mainak..so this affirms my place in all of this. I never know how this will roll out, and it’s always wonderful however it does. It doesn’t mean that it doesn’t come with nervousness too, though. It requires faith, and i must be faithful.

Leah is really reaching back to the old feelings of living here in Cal. It is many things, but overwhelmingly joy, peace, and love.

I don't know if we can ever grieve the loss of greatness and awakening. We humans seem to spend so much time searching for it. She has spent a lot of time digesting and understanding this..and putting rich and descriptive words to it all, in a way that is just so Leah. Don't forget to push the record button on my audio recorder once in a while..I am loving how it comes out.

I’m so honoured. So honoured. Lynn told me to open my heart and receive the story..man, this is good!! It’s a blissful life I am finding with documentary, and I can’t imagine it can get better than this, and I know it will!

********
will I ever get used to the shooting sparks coming out of the freaking outlets when I plug in? Leah says yes, of course and laughs hysterically.. OH, India! Atcha, atcha.
********

Comments

Popular Posts